The Bluefields are in the midst of working on their 4th album! Writing is complete and we start recording March 5. Our little family is having a blast with the new tunes and looking forward to laying them down in the Underground Treehouse. In the meantime, here's a vid of Under High Cotton performed by Joe Blanton with Homemade Sin during a recent opening slot for Dan Baird and Homemade Sin in Nashville. Thanks to Steve Boyle and SkidMedia for the clip. Head on over to Joe's page to check out his new solo album. We appreciate YOU and YOUR support of our artistic endeavors!
The Bluefields: An American rock band from Nashville, Tennessee. Their rock and roll story might be as pure and simple as the prior statement if it weren’t for the fact that the combined band members’ resumes boast platinum record success, a Grammy nomination, an Americana Hall of Fame Lifetime Achievement Award and song authorships that have become iconic, rock and roll standards, making this band far from simple. Comprised of rock veterans, Warner E. Hodges on lead guitar and vocals (Jason and the Scorchers), Dan Baird on bass, guitars and vocals (Georgia Satellites), Brad Pemberton on drums (Steve Earle) and Joe Blanton on lead vocals and guitar (Royal Court of China), these southern bred rockers remind you why you love rock and roll in the first damn place!
The members of The Bluefields always seem to be creatively busy making new music and taking it to the people far and wide. Several updates to report that you should check out and...AND...we are finally working on that long-awaited 4th Bluefields album. Here's the laundry list:
- Joe Blanton (me) has released a new solo record entitled, Good, Bad, Right or Wrong! It is NOW available on CD, iTunes, Spotify or wherever you listen to your music. In December I had the tremendous pleasure of opening the shows for Dan Baird and Homemade Sin on their 2018 UK tour backed by the Mighty HMS. You can see what else is going on with me at the Joe Blanton tab in the main navigation menu.
- Dan Baird and Homemade Sin released a new album in 2018 entitled "Screamer" recorded at The Underground Treehouse in Nashville, TN. The album features a heapin' helpin' of what keeps the people comin' back for more and is among some of their strongest material to date. During Dan's recovery last year he didn't slack off. Not One Bit! He wrote like crazy and enlisted Joe as his Producer/Engineer/Writer buddy and hit the ground runnin'. You can get all of the Sin's upcoming tour dates and album buying info at the Homemade Sin page here.
- Warner E. Hodges, is wildly BUSY!!!!!!! In between DB and HMS and solo touring for his latest album, Right Back Where I Started, he has managed to not hit us in the head with his guitar slingin' ways and is keeping the amp tubes hot for the new Bluefields record, and writing his next solo record. Dayum son! Right Back Where I Started was recorded at the Underground Treehouse with Joe Blanton at the engineering/production helm. Brad played drums, Dan played on it and Cheap Trick's fabulous Tom Petersson played bass. The superb album included Jerry Dale McFadden/The Mavericks on keys and Outlaw Country's Elizabeth Cook. Can't say enough good things about this adventurous effort from Warner as he circled back to his country, rock and punk roots. You can get the album here.
- Brad Pemberton is busy as hell touring all over creation with the fab Steve Earle! We are very proud of him and looking forward to capturing his resonator kick drum on the new Bluefields album.!
That's all for now, Stay tuned. JB
The bluefields debut album "PURE" CD is sold out BUT...!
THE BLUEFIELDS RECORD STORE
The third studio album from The Bluefields! This one goes to 11! Songs, that is! Play it LOUD, Play it often! You just might fall in love, get rich, conquer the world or maybe just enjoy life a little more. Who knows? All we know is this record KICKS ASS!
- Great Day In The Mornin'
- Shake Em On Down
- Back In The Day
- Wish It On Me
- Under High Cotton
- You Never Knew My Name
- Paint It Blue
- You Make Me Lonely
- Dixie Past The Graveyard
- Not My Problem
- Fields Of Blue
The Bluefields second album "Ramshackle." $9.99 plus shipping and handling. If you liked the first one...You'll LOVE this one! Available NOW!!!
1. Don't Blame Me
2. Twistin' In The Wind
3. Sweet Medusa
4. Give My Broken Heart A Break
5. Wake It Up
6. Red River Stomp
7. Heart Like A Muscle Car
8. Suicide Doors
9. Toxic Hootenanny
10. The Dick Mulcahey Bypass
Lie To Yourself 3:220:00 / 3:22
Forgetful Heart 4:220:00 / 4:22
Wild As Sin 5:050:00 / 5:05
Wearin' Me Out 4:230:00 / 4:23
Along For The Ride 3:450:00 / 3:45
Repair My Soul 5:110:00 / 5:11
Shake Em On Down 3:000:00 / 3:00
0:00 / 3:45
If Not Now When 5:160:00 / 5:16
Don't Blame Me 4:520:00 / 4:52
You Make Me Lonely 2:550:00 / 2:55
Sweet Medusa 4:510:00 / 4:51
Bad Old Days 3:470:00 / 3:47